Frommer's New England Day by DayBook - 2012
Map your own adventure. New England Day by Day is the perfect answer for travelers who want to know the best places to visit and the best way to see New England.
· Packed with more than 100 detailed full-color maps and hundreds of full-color photos
· 90 regional and city itineraries that will help you maximize your time while touring New England's top sights. Tour the fabulous scenery of Vermont's Green Mountains, dine on fresh-from-the-sea lobster along Maine's rugged coast, get lost in Connecticut's lovely and historic Litchfield Hills, explore the Berkshires' literary history, bask in the sun on Cape Cod's beaches, or relive history on Boston's Freedom Trail.
· Our authors, longtime New England experts, hit all the highlights, from Boston's Museum of Fine Arts to the region's fall foliage to Maine's Acadia National Park. They've checked out all of the region's best hotels and restaurants in person, and offer authoritative, candid reviews that will help you find the choices that suit your tastes and budget.
· You'll also get coverage of shopping and nightlife in the major cities; a full chapter on New England's rich history and culture, information on special-interest tours, and advice on planning a successful New England vacation.
· The cultural "Spotlight" sections take a closer look at the most compelling aspects of New England culture and include the Salem Witch Trials, historic Fenway Park, and fall and rise of the Pequot tribe.
· Frommer's New England Day by Day also includes a color fold-out map.